Save the date for the IEEE International Symposium on Safety, Security, and Rescue Robotics 2013 (SSRR)
The IEEE International Symposium on Safety Security Rescue Robotics will take place at the Linkoping University in Sweden from the 21st until the 26th of October 2013.
The IEEE International Symposium on Safety Security Rescue Robotics was established by the RAS Technical Committee on Safety, Security, and Rescue Robotics shortly after the use of robots in the 9/11 collapse of the World Trade Center and subsequent accelerated adoption of robots for homeland security and public safety.
The symposium covers the design and implementation of robotics, automation, intelligent machines, systems and devices that can contribute to civilian safety. Applications include search and rescue, rapid screening of travellers and cargo, handling hazardous materials, humanitarian demining, and detection of chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear, or explosive attacks. While the symposium is conceptually centred on a set of application domains, the focus is on the value of conducting high quality research and the fundamental principles that underpin the importance of robots and automated technologies in all of these domains.
This symposium, organised by the IEEE, the world’s largest professional association for the advancement of technology, is sponsored by the Robotics and Automation Society (RA).
* Jun 14, 2013 Submission of proposals for tutorials, special sessions
* Jul 19, 2013 Submission of regular papers, centre/project papers and vision papers
* Aug 26, 2013 Notification of acceptance
* Sep 6, 2013 Submission of Late Breaking Reports
* Sep 16, 2013 Notification of acceptance for Late Breaking Reports
* Sep 27, 2013 Submission of final papers
* Oct 21-26, 2013 SSRR Symposium
For further information: http://www.ssrr-conference.org/2013